Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Lent

Lent is upon us.

This year the husband has resolved to give up tv and drinking. Me, bitching & complaining. My gosh... I only managed to do it (& a poor job at that!) for just a couple of days. It is very difficult not to be able to bitch to let off steam. Macam mana ni? It has occured to me that I'm so dependent on complaining & complaining & so I dont think I like myself being this person. How did I get here or was I always here? Maybe hor...

Growing up, Lenten fasting was not a big thing for my family. Of course the no-meat-on-Fridays was strictly adhered to. Our Friday menu usually consisted of sardines or fried fish or salted fish or canned ikan tausi (dunno how to explain this one) or fried eggs with kicap. The husband's family is a bit better than us haha. When I first met him, his Lenten abstinence was from alcohol & lunch. I was nicely eating away haha & even had meat on Fridays. Now, the running joke is that I corrupted him. Tsk tsk...

Now that I am married & have a family of my own, I hope I'll be a good influence on my son. I took him for Ash Wednesday mass (which marks the beginning of Lent) & luckily hes not a boisterous toddler yet or I wouldnt have been able to deal with him alone (in heels). He was rather quiet actually... I think because he was fascinated with so many people & new faces around us. & a kind young boy who I didnt know but who obviously knew me (cos he called out my name --must be one of the husband's friends) offered me his seat. There were so many people that we initially had to stand / sit outside of the church building. So at least Etha*n & I had a chair after that. Luckier still that Etha*n had had his feed just before we went to church. So I didnt have to bring his diaper bag with me. If not, I would've had to carry him, my handbag & his diaper bag in a church full of people & no seats. The husband came straight from his office & arrived a little late but just in time too as my heels were killing me (cos I too came straight from work & no way was I gonna wear slippers with my pants & look unfashionable... hehehe).

Mesti nampak vogue mah.

So, Easter is coming up in about 3 weeks & I havent abstained much from anything. Teruks. How to be a good influence hah? Sigh... Tonight there are sessions opened for Easter confessions but I'm not very motivated to go. I didnt attend confession for like 10years before I got married (at which point, I HAD to). I think I'll just give myself & the husband a kick in the behind & go tonight.

Easter is coming :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Z.Y. said...

yun, kau ingat tak kita dulu masa kat ppp in unfashionable selipars and sandals?? haha how we've changed huh! :D

March 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger groovychick said...

apakah ini?? what has this got to do with my Lent?? hahaha... i had to re-read my entry to see if i had uploaded any pics of me in baju kurung & fugly sepilars. & no zeed, you are wrong... nothing would ever be unfashionable on the naturally fashionable. hihihi...

March 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home