Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Monday, October 29, 2007

my weekend

a gloomy tuesday to one & all,

my friday night

my weekend was filled with activities. it started with my friday night --the husband picked me up from work & we headed to waikiki's bar in pj for a drink or two whilst waiting for the traffic woes to subside. i got a bit high after 2 drinks. what a loser. as we were making our way home in the not-yet-subsided traffic jam (bugger) at 730pm, we got a call from his cousins asking us to meet them in 1utama to shop for:

1. marriage rectification attire for the about-to-be-church-wedded couple

2. a christening attire for their 1-year old son

whilst we were in 1utama walking the walk & talking the talk, the husband lugged around my heavy laptop & i lugged around my handbag. i alternated this with lugging around the cousin's baby. hes so adorable. later that night, i received a visitor in my home & we were just chatting & chatting about relationship woes (this is always a favorite topic among women dontcha think?). the husband, bless his lovely soul, got us beef burgers & chocolates & other snacks to munch on while we bitched (but we didnt even touch 'em. sorry sweets). we were locked in the room while he was having a bit of me-time watching dvds in the living room. i finally went to bed at 2am.

saturday

on saturday morning, the husband & i attended his cousin's marriage rectification & their son's christening. i was the photographer. hihihi. after that, we proceeded to their home for the baby's 1-year old bday. at this lunch do, i watched movies after movies with some of the husband's cousins while he gambled with the others. we watched hairspray (pls watch it) & little miss sunshine (pls watch it too). lovely.



i left the party at 6pm & headed home with a bucket of kfc as my sis & her kids were coming for dinner & a sleep-over. after dinner, the nephew charlie (from charlie's angels) wanted to pop some popcorns in the microwave so we all headed to jusco kepong & got a few packets, headed home & started popping. altho the popcorn turned out to be just the way i like 'em (salty), the rest didnt quite enjoy it as they're used to the the sweet caramel-y type which you get at the cinemas. we spent the rest of night in bed chit-chatting & telling stories. i kinda miss being around my sister's family.

sunday

we had roti canai for breakfast & the 2 tykes & their fashionable aunty (moi) went a-swimming. my sister had just gone for a hair treatment the day before, so she didn’t want to enter the water. the husband went to work. for lunch, i made lasagna & we had it while watching charlie's "teenage mutant ninja turtles" cartoon dvd.

after they left, i rolled up my sleeves & did my spring cleaning & laundry. so tired. for the remainder of the day, i was just lazing in bed with a book. oh ya & i watched "lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events" which was rather entertaining. what bliss.


the husband came back in time for a bit of pretend whining (from me of course, for coming back 30mins late hihi) & we watched "28 weeks later" which is a rather stressful movie to watch bcos everyone died. EVERYONE. including what appeared to be the hero & heroine. i was so annoyed. so i went to bed after that feeling a little agitated.


so that was my weekend.
to my friend who had some man-problems, hang in there bebeh. call if you need me to kick-ass. i'll arrange for some kepong-based reinforcements ;-p.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe, thanks so much for taking me in on that fateful night...

*muahs*

November 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home