Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

on being thirty & living healthy

i try. i do. but it’s just so very difficult to make myself want to go to the gym. i gots me my shoes but still i find it such a feat to drag myself to go. i don’t mind the treadmill. but the cycling machine thingy hurts my pelvic bones. maybe i should start wearing protective gear? the elliptical skiing thingy is also a real challenge. i’ll be panting away like a dog. tapi surprisingly i don’t sweat so much. maybe i’m not doing it right? i didn’t realize i was so unfit. what a weakling.

maybe this is why i’m getting sick all the time. this plus the fact that i don’t eat fruits & vegetables much these days. on top of that, i don’t even take supplements. why oh why am i so lazy? but check out my shoes which the husband got for me under duress.


but i swim. i can swim laps & laps non-stop. tak penat pun. tapi ni pun breast-stroke lah. please don’t ask me to do free-style. ahhh… it gives me palpitations. apparently cancerians (like moi) are more into water sports. so i guess its true in my case.

i’ve also tried yoga. but instead of feeling peaceful & meditative, my mind is always racing with thoughts. any thoughts lah. sometimes i’m thinking about how pretty the girl next to me is or what the male yoga tutor feels when he gets into balls-squashing positions. i even got myself the yoga mat. maybe i should go buy a yoga cd, so i can try it at home. or should i try pilates this time around? the cds are rather cheap. i saw these yoga / pilates packages (inclusive of the cd and the mat) for about rm55. reasonable izenit. i could get the husband to give them to me as a gift for no reason.

i do try to drink more milk. i buy cartons & cartons for the month. if you come visit me in my home, i’ll serve you milk ok. as for bread, the husband insists that i only buy wholemeal bread. but its so boring to eat. so occasionally i buy white bread. they taste so much better. i’m also a big fan of maggi mee. which is really bad for you i know but i really like soup-y stuff.

the other thing that i should try to do is to have healthier thoughts & language. i curse too much. & the poor husband’s ears get to hear it more often than others. i’m sorry love. i will try. the “good” thing is that i don’t use swear words interspersed with other words in my sentences i.e. it’s not part of my daily vocabulary. i curse when i’m angry. and hoo-boy do i get angry. the husband says its amazing how i can switch from one disposition to another in mere split-seconds (it isn’t very difficult to do you know).

i guess i’ll start the health stuff next year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Z.Y. said...

no more wisdom but less pain is always welcomed horrrr. aku lagi la don't exercise AT ALL yun.. sigh.. except for sex, the only thing that i exercise is my thumb clicking on the tv remote control. geez.

October 11, 2007 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger groovychick said...

ah crap. my plan is to start changing my eating habits first. maybe more fruits & vegs. right.

October 16, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home