Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

a day in my life

hi. my name is groovychick. i am a recently married sino-kadazan ahemm… lady (sometimes). my husband is a soft-voiced malaysian indian with a chinese surname (go figure). we live close to jinjang-land, menjalara. on the upside, we also live next to posh-land, desa park city & ikea is just a stone’s throw away.

ok lah… maybe the stone has to bounce a lot before it actually reaches ikea, but we are close. actually it doesn’t really matter just how close to ikea we are cos the husband abhors shopping. & these days i’m recuperating from my wedding-related expenses so i can’t exactly hop-around shopping. oh well. one day at a time. wait till i strike that lottery. now, i just have to start buying ‘em numbers.

ok so, we live in menjalara near-ish ikea.
during the week, in the mornings we attempt to get up at 7am & always, always fail miserably. i tend to re-set my alarm clock at 15minute intervals. usually, we only get up at 8am, meaning i have to rush through my beauty-routine.

the husband has to go through his routine too: the 5s –shit, shave, shower, shampoo, shake (hihihi). ok lah, i’m not certain whether the last one takes place or not hahaha.
the first one is like clock-work though. every morning without fail.

anyways, most of the time, he has to wait for me to get ready. says he gets tired just looking at me going through my routine. on the off-chance (very very off this) that i’m ready before him, i sometimes make breakfast. usually its eggs. or its eggs. & other times its eggs.


bcos we are a single-car family, the husband comes with me & i drop him off at the train station then scoot off to work. usually, we take a rather pricey route in order to beat traffic bcos we’re already late. ok lah, bcos i’m late. he starts work at noon & finishes at 9pm. in the evenings after work, i head home in the traffic all by my lonesome. depending on the level of boredom on that day, i might cook something or bake or freeze things. don’t get too excited, mostly i don’t do things from scratch. i’m a firm believer of using ready-mixes.


sometimes lah i rajin lah but this is usually when it’s something easy to do like bolognese sauce. but i tell you, boredom is a real motivator. for me at least. i’ve been known to clean in the middle of the night bcos i’m bored. the husband, he calls me monica geller. heh.



when it’s time, i drive out again to get him from work. sometimes we visit my MIL who lives close-by to our place. most times we head home. since we don’t have astro, we watch & re-watch dvds hehehe (so kind souls out there, please loan us some!) or, & this is my fave, we watch chinese ghost stories. hihihi… it’s real nice exposing the husband to my chinese roots.

i don’t cook much cos it’s not good to eat so late right. besides, i can’t tahan till 9pm for dinner lah. so i eat first or we just have a snack before bedtime.

we’re in bed by midnight. i insist on pillow talks, it’s my way of making sure we do set aside that time to talk. it can be all of 10mins but i’m happier. & if i hear him snoring, i’ll fidget till he wakes up again so we can resume our talks. haha…

twice in a week i get some time to myself –when he goes for futsal after work & when he works on sundays. it’s the pits but it’s not unbearable. i get to read my books & laze in bed.

i love my life.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Z.Y. said...

puhleeeze change your template again! i see white lines everywhere after reading your blog.

nice try hehe

September 21, 2007 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger groovychick said...

sukati ku lers biyatchie hihi

September 21, 2007 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Nomee said...

I like your new template

September 24, 2007 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger groovychick said...

ah you see. SOMEONE appreciates me!! thanks nomee :-)

September 25, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home