Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Monday, January 14, 2008

blessed 2008 to one & all

its now 15 days into the new year. i'm rather late in this entry but i was so lazy to write lah. so here are my updates from my christmas break to date:

***
~christmas eve~

haha... i forgot what i did on that day hihihi... oh ya!! my sister & family came over about tea-time. the husband & i left for christmas eve mass at about 6-ish. it was raining so when we got to church, it was chilly as we had to sit outside. i was so hunger by the time the mass ended & i really really wanted to have some chicken rice in pj but unfortunately, we had to head back to the mil's for the customary stew & bread. lucky got vindaloo too. come midnight, we had our fruit cake & wine & opened gifts. the husband & i then headed home for gift opening with my sister & her family but by the time we got there, they were asleep. so we opened our gifts to each other instead. i got a bathrobe with matching slippers and he got jengjengjeng... a bathrobe as well!! hehehe... then we went to bed.

***
~christmas day~

i was awakened by my nephew trying to open my room door to see if i was awake so he could open his gifts. hehehe... once every gift was opened, the husband & i left for geddis... port dickson... hihihi... how exciting. anyways, the journey there was uneventful. i left home equipped with my lollipops to battle any car- or morning-sickness. when we got to PD, i was sorely disappointed with the accomodations. lucky the company was good. we were in PD for 3 days. i didnt do much due to all the pantang larangs given to me by my mum. brought my bikini but didnt even swim. ciss... i was tired all the time & had to take a nap in the afternoons. i was glad to be heading back to KL on the 3rd day.

***
~new year's eve~

anyhoo... my countdown was spent at home. my immediate family as well as the husband's immediate family came for dinner (a dinner which i DID NOT totally cook all by myself hihihi). this was the menu for the night:

2 black pepper roasted chicken (store bought from jusco)
*
mashed patatoes
*
black pepper beef with spring onions
*
garlic stir fried bak choy
*
white rice
*
chocolate cake from secret recipe
*
longans-in-a-can


the chocolate cake was so supersweet, i couldnt take it. so i stuck to my longans-in-a-can as a dessert. my estranged fil also came lah (arghhh). i was having one of my morning sickness nausea cum headache so i was skeptical about my ability to layan his nonsense (one minute he says he's not coming, next minute he was there. ishkkk!!). but lucky i was ok towards the end. come 12midnight we were standing at the balcony enjoying the fireworks from the curve (i think). & while the kids were all screaming, the adults were watching the chua-soi-lek-hotel-scandal thingy on the news. nothing exciting about my countdown but i liked that we spent our first new year's countdown as a married couple at home with our loved ones (yes including the estranged one arghhh). for entertainment, we had my niece sing us a sabahan song. muahahaha... it was so farnee. i wish i took a video of it lah. dammit.

***
~new year's day~

we woke up to breakfast prepared by my sister's maid --i'm such a bad hostess i tell you. i had NOTHING in the freezer for breakfast. lucky i had bread & eggs & nuggets. after breakfast we went to the pool so the kids could swim. again all i did was sit by the side of the pool soaking my feet in. oh how i wish i could swim without fear. soon soon. after the swim, my family left & the husband & i went over to my mil's for new year's day lunch. so many people. so many kids. i was a kid-magnet thanks to my lollipops.

***

ok end of update. the lazy bug has kicked in. till later when i find my rajin bug again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home