Groovy Chick

i'm wild, hip and crazy, i make other girls quite sick, i'm fantastic and funky, i'm a gorgeous groovy chick!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

first wedding anniversary

i managed to get the husband's gift yesterday. i hope he'll like it. it's very difficult for me to get him a gift because he never seems to want any particular thing. most of the time, i buy something that i know he needs but not necessarily something that he desires. ok lah he does have desires but usually these are out of my budget (like a plasma tv for example).

i've learnt my lesson though --about trying to surprise him but then being surprised myself because he found me out. so this time around, i got the gift immediately gift wrapped. & its in a small box so i could hide it in my handbag till i found the opportunity to hide it at the back of my closet under a mound of clothes. it's his day off tomorrow so JUST IN CASE, im gonna have to take the pretty box with me to work tomorrow.

i hope he doesnt suddenly feel the need to read this blog...

i've also found a place to have our dinner. http://www.opusbistro.com/ was recommended to me by a friend. luckily she only just had dinner there with her husband so hopefully, this time around, when we go there, the restaurant would actually still be in business. i showed the husband the website & hes rather excited to go. our anniversary is more than a week away but he wanted to know if we could possibily have dinner there before that even.

i think the only thing about this whole anniversary do that he does know about (due to his previous snooping activities) is probably the greeting card i got for him much earlier. & ya the dinner venue lah. but the gift... hmm... im so proud of myself lah for thinking about it. it is a bit out of my budget but its my first anniversary kan. so never mind lah, i splurge a bit. hopefully he'll make use of it a lot so that its worth the investment.

i'm glad i got everything bought & ready because personally, i'm worried i might go into labour soon & if that happens, i wont be able to do anything till after the confinement is over. by that time pun we'll be busy with the baby & my family will be around then no romance like that.

last night i was looking at the husband & thinking "hmm... this could be the only time i have with him alone. if i go into labour now, this will be the moment where my life, as i know, will cease to exist." dont get me wrong, i am looking forward to our new addition but i cant help but wonder how will life change for us & how will we deal with the change.

i hope we'll be ok. & with our new anniversary gifts, i dare say, we will cope with the change better. hehehe...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home